INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
The Parish Council continues to work on your behalf to mitigate the effect that the Corona Virus/Covid-19 is having on your lives and all of us on the Council hope that you continue to be well, that you know what is going on and that you have all the support you need.
THE RULE OF SIX
With effect from Monday 14th September, the Government is imposing the “Rule of Six”. This means that no more than 6 people, who may all be from different households, can meet indoors or outdoors, but must maintain social distancing from those they do not live with.
This does not apply to workplaces, schools, childcare providers or playgroups. Other exemptions include households with more than 6 members or those who are in a support bubble.
Organised “Covid-secure” sporting events are still allowed and up to 30 are allowed to attend weddings and funerals.
The Police will be able to impose on the spot fines of £100 on those breaking the new rules.
From Saturday 8th August, in addition to wearing face coverings in shops and on public transport, it will be compulsory to wear them in the following places:
·premises providing professional, legal or financial services
·museums, galleries, aquariums, indoor zoos or visitor farms, or other indoor tourist, heritage or cultural sites
·nail, beauty, hair salons and barbers - other than where necessary to remove for treatments
·public areas in hotels and hostels
·places of worship
·libraries and public reading rooms
·tattoo and piercing parlours
·indoor entertainment venues - like amusement arcades, funfairs, adventure activities including laser quest, go-karting, escape rooms and heritage sites
·storage and distribution facilities
Failure to wear face coverings will attract a fine of £100.
The 2 metre Social Distancing rules, which came into effect on 4th July will still apply, although where that is not possible, 1 metre + is permissible in certain circumstances with some protection. In addition:
· You may meet in groups of up to two households in any location, public or private, indoors or outdoors.
· You may continue to meet in groups of 6 individuals outside only.
· Some businesses and venues, including pubs, restaurants and hotels may open providing that they are taking Covid precautions.
· Other public places are now allowed to open (see the government's guidance below)
· You may stay overnight with one other household, or your “Bubble” as previously allowed.
· It will be against the law to gather in groups larger than 30 people.
Please remember that the Covid-19 virus is still very active and that the Government is trusting us to act responsibly. Only by doing so will we prevent a second spike of the virus, So please
· Stay at home as much as possible
· Limit contact with other people
· Keep your distance if you go out – 2 metres apart where possible, but 1+ metre if not
· Wash your hands regularly
· Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
Full NHS advice is at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
More guidance on which businesses and facilities are now permitted to open and what you can and cannot do can be found at: